Review: One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy

11:47


Title: One Week Girlfriend
Author: Monica Murphy
Date of publication: 10 Jaunary 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult


My rating: 4 stars





Goodreads Blurb

Temporary. That one single word best describes my life these last few years. I’m working at a temporary job until I can finally break free. I’m my little brother’s temporary mother since our mom doesn’t give a crap about either of us. And I’m that temporary girl all the guys want to get with because I give it up so easily. According to the rumors, at least.

But now I’m the temporary girlfriend of Drew Callahan, college football legend and all around golden guy. He’s beautiful, sweet—and he’s hiding way more secrets than I am. He’s brought me into this fake life where everyone seems to hate me. And everyone seems to want something from him. The only thing he seems to want though is…

Me.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. All I know is, I think Drew needs me. And I want to be there for him.

Forever.

My review 

I liked the story of Drew and Fable and the way Ms Murphy represented the growth of their relationship. It did not feel rushed even though things between them happened over just one week. Their opening to one another and to their feelings was natural and very emotional.

Both Drew and Fable were well developed as characters, though I liked Fable more. She is strong and nurturing at the same time. Her family situation forced her to be mature beyond her years, yet she was still as vulnerable and in need comfort and support as Drew himself. He, on the other hand, came out as weaker (especially considering the ending of the book), yet I felt deep compassion for him. Drew underwent more development than Fable in this book and despite his foolish final decision, he faced his daemons and started the process of overcoming them. 

Despite the heavy issues the book dealt with, I did not find the story glooming or depressing. The focus was more on overcoming the burdens from the past. I really liked the idea of two young people, who are emotionally scarred and overburdened, coming together and helping each other towards a better future.

The book is nice and enjoyable but not outstanding. It has a sort of cliffhanger ending, leaving things open for the second and final book in the story of Drew and Fable. I would recommend it to any New Adult fan. 

If you liked my review, check out what I have to say about book 2 in the series - Second Chance Boyfriend


Author links: Website / Facebook / Goodreads / Blogger / Pinterest


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi there! I have been trying to install Linkwithin on my blog and saw that you had some problems with the widget showing up at one point. I see that it is working for you now. Do you remember how long it took for the problem to be resolved? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images