15 Day Book Blogger Challenege - Day 13

00:00


The challenge set by Good Books & Good Wine continues with task 13:

Describe one underappreciated book EVERYONE should read. 

This is a tough one, I have read some books that I feel are underappreciated, yet I don't think everyone should read them. I would rather recommend different books to different people depending on their tastes.

One book which I think is definitely not appreciated enough is Pieces of Us by Margie Gelbwasser. It is YA novel that every adult/parent should read. It is not a light read, it is very raw and painful, but it is very well written with strong, complex characters and it sends a powerful message against abuse/bullying or any form of violence. 







On a lighter note, I would like to make another recommendation. This is one is for the lovers of contemporary romance with a quirky sense of humour - Neanderthal Seeks Human: A Smart Romance by Penny Reid (my review). I am not sure it can be classified as underrated but it is a debut novel for Ms Reid and a very successful one, so I am spreading the word: if you are in the mood for a fun romance, I strongly suggest to try this one.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really really want to read Pieces of Me! Great pick!

    Here's my Book Blog Challenge #13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really a great book! You should definitely pick it up. So far none of my GR friends have read it and I am desperate to hear what other people think of it :)

      Delete

Flickr Images