Top Ten Tuesday 14

22:43


Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme hosted The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new topic for each week and the participating bloggers are invited to post their Top Ten lists on it.

Some of the best book I read this year are written by new-to-me authors. Here is my Top Ten list. The order of the names is random and the links lead to the Goodreads page of the respective author.


Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013

Penny Reid - I read and absolutely love her debut book, Neanderthal Seeks Human and its sequel, Friends without Benefits, both published in 2013. These are romantic comedies with a quirky characters and uniquely amusing/funny/hilarious writing style.
 
Ruthie Knox - Ms Knox writes contemporary romances, I read several of them this year (the complete Camelot series) and I greatly enjoyed them. She tells realistic tales of love and lust, family and friendship.
Cindy Gerard - I read The Way Home - a military romance / romantic suspense and it is one of my most favourite reads of the year - intense, emotional, well told story about the power of love.
Karina Halle - I quite a few books by Ms Halle this year - the Devils series - paranormal/horror love story, which is generally my kind of read but I enjoyed it a lot. I also read The Artists trilogy (still have to read the final book) - NA thriller/action romance, which I totally adore.

J. R. Ward - I just discovered her Black Dagger Brotherhood series and despite not being a fan of vampire stories, I am just hooked. So far I have read only the first four books and I really enjoyed them.
Nyrae Dawn - the Games series - emotional, angsty NA novels, love the writing style, just finished Masquerade which is to be released in Jan 2014.
Laura Florand - Amour et Chocolate series - love stories set in Paris involving lots of chocolate making and eating. Very unique, sensual writing style. 
Cara McKenna - Unbound - erotic romance, outside of my usual reads, but I liked the writing and the overall story was rather unusual, though it pushed some of my boundaries.
Janet Elizabeth Henderson - The Davina Code and Lingerie Wars - romantic comedies, loved the witty banter and subtle sense of humour.


Jessica Topper - Louder Than Love - rock star meets suburbia in this emotional romance of loss and love and everything in between.



What authors did you discover this year? Leave me a comment with a link to your TTT and I'll stop by to check it out :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I have Penny Reid and Laura Florand on my list too. JR Ward is fabulous, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked Penny Reid's and Laura Florand's books that I read this year. JR Ward is really amazing, I am loving the BDB series even though I am not a fan of vampire stories :)

      Delete
  2. There are so many authors on here that I still need to read such as Laura Florand, so I'm glad to see her on your list! I also had a lot of fun reading Karina's books this year! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images