Top Ten Tuesday 17

21:44


Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme hosted The Broke and the Bookish. There is a new topic for each week and the participating bloggers are invited to post their Top Ten lists on it.


Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live in and 
 Characters I'd Never Want to Trade Places with

I made a mixture of worlds I don't want to live in and characters I don't want to be. My list includes 6 dystopian worlds, 3 boy/girl couples I wouldn't trade places with and 1 lonely namesake, Ellie, whose story I like a lot but wouldn't want it to be mine.

The Divergent series - a world divided in fractions, set against one another - it's not a nice place to live

The Delirium series - I loved the first book, even though I am disappointed with way things ended in the final book. A world where love is considered a dangerous disease and people are cured of it by a form of lobotomy is definitely not the place for me

The Maze Runner series - this is a favourite series of mine. I loved the action, the mystery and most of all the characters, but the world they lived in was a rather cruel place

The Black Dagger Brotherhood series - vampires living among us (they are the good guys), lessers chasing them and people caught in the middle. The brothers are super hot alpha males and I love them but the blood-sucking is too much for me :)

The Hunger Games - no comments needed, I guess. 



The Legend series - another favourite series. A violent world where the individual life means nothings.




Rachel / Isaiah from Crash into You by Katie McGarry. He is a foster care child and she is the replacement child for a daughter that died. They find happiness together but still, I wouldn't to trade places with them.

Adam / Mia from If I Stay series by Gayle Forman - another happy couple in the end but the trauma they had to go through and survive is just too much

Carmine and Haven from the Forever series (Sempre) by J M. Darhower - he is destined to be the Heir in the Chicago mob and she is a slave. None of them has an easy life.

Ellie from The Artist Trilogy by Karina Halle - a con artist, betrayed by her own family, chased by a Mexican drug lord, Ellie has far too many battles to fight for her happiness.



What's on your TTT list today? Leave me a comment with a link and I'll stop by your blog to check it out :)

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wow the Artist Trilogy sounds really interesting! We have a good few of these in common. I really need to start the Maze Runner trilogy.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Maze Runner is really great. You should hurry up with it before the movie comes out later this year :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome list of worlds. I have only dabbled in a few like Divergent but I wouldn't want to live there. However I'm a fan of Katie McGarry broken characters in all. I love the happy ends but I don't know if I would be interested in their lives. I hope to start Maze Runner before the movie. Have a great week, and happy reading. New follower My TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Katie McGarry's books but her characters have really tough lives and despite the happy end, I most definitely wouldn't want to trade places with them :) Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Lots of books in common. The Hunger Games is too cruel of world to live in. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list, I agree that Panem sounds like an awful place to live and even though I just started reading The Maze Runner I agree that their world isn't one I'd ever choose to live in but I really love this book so far. I haven't read Delirium but love being a disease sounds pretty awful.

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images