Best Books 2015 - Part II

00:00

Here is the second part of the my list of Best Books of 2015 - some queer romance, a non-romance neo-noir love story, some erotic stories, some diverse one - all books that spoke to me and made me feel involved in the characters' lives.



1. Him by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy - a hockey NA romance where two best friends discover their feelings for one another run deeper than friendship. I loved how this story explored bisexually, being gay (out) in professional sports and all the intensity and confusion of first (big) love. 
Review / Buy on AMZ 

2. Level Hands by Amy Jo Cousins - Off Campus series is my favoruite queer NA series and this installment spoke to me on personal level. I LOVED everything about it and wrote my most personal review of the yesr
Review / Buy on AMZ ARe 

3. Everything I left Unsaid by M. O'Keefe - It's a duology of contemporary erotic romance which I absolutely loved. Ms O'Keefe made my Best Books list last year too and this is even edgier, darker than the previous books of hers I have read. It's superbly written, emotional and engaging.
Review / Buy on AMZ ARe 

4. Badger by C. M. McKenna - This is a story unlike anything else I've read recently. A non-romance, a neo-noir story about love/lack of love and loss and pain, oh so much pain but ultimately a somewhat hopeful ending. 
Review / Buy on AMZ

5. The Bollywood Bride by Sonali Dev is another diverse Indian-American romance, darker and more intense than he debut novel, A Bollywood Affair which I really, really loved.
Review / Buy on AMZ

6. Enlightenment series by Joanna Chambers. This is a new-to-me author and she quickly became a favourite of mine. I'm late reading this series but they are absolutely amazing, I loved everything about them - the characters (#TeamDavid), the romance, the struggles, the social/political subplot. 
Review / Buy on AMZ ARe 

7. Give It All by Cara McKenna. I really enjoy Ms McKenna writing and this romantic suspense series work very well for me. Duncan is such an unlikely character for me to fall for and after meeting him in the first book I couldn't image how the romance with Raina will work out. But it was soooo good, an unforgettable couple.
Review / Buy on AMZ ARe 

8. The Muse by Anne Calhoune. An erotic romance, intense and powerful, playing with the stereotypes of art, inspiration, being a soldier and a rich heiress. 
Review / Buy on AMZ

9. A Fashionable Indulgence - hsitorical romance series by KJ Charles which stole my heart. Very well-searched, well-written mm historical romance that explore the possibilites for personal relationships for gay men in Regency Engladn. There is a strong emphasis on politics and social issues and Ms Charles explores in an exciting, tantalazing way the intersection between personal and political in times of change and unrest. Weirdly topical for the present, I'd say.
Review / Buy on AMZ ARe 

10. For Real by Alexis Hall. BDSM romance is not my thingb but I love Mr. Hall's writing and was curious what he would do with this sub-genre. Well, what he did was write a powerful, emotional story focused on the character's feelings and process of them building a relationship. It's all about the characters as two human being coping with life, finding their place in it and someone who completes them and makes them happy. Isn't this what everyone is looking for?
Review / Buy on AMZ ARe





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images