My Best Books of 2015 - Part I

00:00

It's this time of the year again and I'm happy to share with you my top reads of 2015. I read over 100 books and so many of them were amazing that it was not easy for me to pick the best of the best. Here is the first part of my My Top Books of 2015. You can find the second part of the list next Friday on the blog.




1. Once Upon a Rose by Laura Florand - this is the start of a new series by a favourite author and this time Ms Florand takes us on a sensual journey in the perfume industry and the rose-oil production in France. Review / Buy on AMZ

2. Waiting for the Flood by Alexis Hall - Alexis Hall has been my favourite author for the past two years and I love basically everything he writes. This is a quiet understate romance, rather the start of a love affair than a full-blown one but it's oh so tender, and gentle and full of hope and promise for the future. And writing is as beautiful as ever.
Review / Buy on AMZ / ARe

3. Trade Me by Courtney Milan - This is the first book in contemporary romance series by Courtney Milan. It's a NA college story and I love it's diversity in terms of characters (the heroine is Chinese) and in terms of topics it explores (mental and physical illness, social differences, family relations). Book 2 is expected to come out early in 2016 and it will feature a transgender character.
Review / Buy on AMZ / ARe 

4. Mnevermind series by Jordan Castillo Price - This is a closely connected series of speculative romantic fiction. Ms Price builds a rich, somewhat dystopian future world which feels scarily really , especially with regard to the human relations. The second book, Forget Me Not, is told entire from the POV of a hero on the autistic spectrum and it;s the most profound and powerful story and presentation I've ever read. 
Review / Buy on AMZ / ARe 

5. Focus on Me is the second book in Megan Erickson's NA mm series, In Focus. It's an emotional, very engaging road trip story of falling in love, fighting one's demons and learning to trust others. 
Review / Buy on AMZ / ARe 

6. Recommendation removed Sutphin Boulevard by Santino Hassell - a gritty, raw friends-to-lovers mm story which takes right in the heart of New York. I loved the realistic feel, the complex characters involved in complicated relationships (romantic, professional, family). 
Review / Buy on AMZ / ARe 

8. Truth or Beard - another laugh out comedy by my favourite Penny Reid. It's the start of the her spinoff series, Winston Brothers, and it's full of awkward and crazy and tender and fairytale romance. I'm excited to meet more of the bothers in 2016.
Review / Buy on AMZ 

9. Softer Than Steel - it's the second book in rockstar romance series with a twist by Jessica Topper. It's multilayer, multidimesional story of love and loss and moving one, it;s a soulful, romantic story which mixes music, philosophy, yoga, religion and how their intertwine with our daily lives. 
Review / Buy on AMZ 

10. Rock Hard is the second full-length novel in Nalini Singh's contemporary series, Rock Kiss. I have to admit this series is a hit or miss for me but this book is definitely one of the best of Ms Singh's I've read. It's CEO-assistant romance (ones I usually avoid) but it's really well done focusing in two people building a romantic relationship. 
Review / Buy on AMZ 

Second part of my My Best Books of 2015 comes next Friday, so stay tuned :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images