ARC Challenge: Week 5

04:16

My friend Lexie over at Fastidious reader started an ARC Challenge 2013 together with Deniz from Closet Geeks and Slow Mo. The challenge is pretty simple - read and review at least one, if possible two ARCs a week and it goes on till the end of this year. Since I am literally swamped with ARCs some of which I requested rather foolishly, I decided to join them.

I am very happy to report that my ARC Challenge went really well this past week. I keep reading a lot of ARCs, though I am a bit slower when it comes to writing the reviews. 

This can be named Samantha Young's week on the blog since I published my reviews of three of her books. I already included my review of Castle Hill in the last week's post, but at the time I had it posted only on Goodreads. I wasn't planning on posting it here, since so far I was hesitant to publish my 1 and 2 star reviews on the blog. Now, I have decided to post all reviews (I'll still keep my comments on DNFs to GR only) on the blog.

This review was followed by two 4-star reviews - one for Before Jamaica Lane (my review) and the other for Until Fountain Bridge (my review). The first book is coming out on 7 Jan 2014 and I really enjoyed it. 

The second one is an already published novella, as part of On Dublin Street series and I was pleasantly surprised to find it in the end of my ARC of Before Jamaica Lane. 

 I have finished two more ARCs this week and I hope to be ready with their reviews next week.

Masquerade by Nyrae Dawn


The Destiny of Luke and Violet by Jessica Sorensen

Now,  I am thinking about taking a break from Romance and NA and trying some fantasy instead this week.


I just received an ARC of The Emperor's Blades (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne #1) by Brian Staveley which I requested after reading an extatic review of by one of my GR friends. It would be nice to change my usual reads for a bit, or maybe not...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images