New and Debut: Adriana Anders

00:17

I'm happy to welcome on the blog today Adriana Anders, author of erotic romance series Blank Canvas. The first two books are already out and the third is coming this summer. I read and absolutely loved Under Her Skin, a tough read but so satisfying and I'm excited to read the next books. Read on to learn more AdriaIa and what inspires her to write the stories she writes. Enjoy!


Meet Adriana

1. Tell us about yourself and why did you decide to become a romance writer?

Hi there! Thank you so much for having me today! My name is Adriana Anders and I write contemporary romance that’s dark, smart, and full of heart. I am one of those people who tried pretty much everything before becoming a novelist. It was a strange sort of denial, I think, that kept me from doing what made me happy. Thankfully, after doing things like dubbing and voices for video games, I moved to writing for those games and finally got the gumption to write what I really loved to read—romance. I had a dead-end, soul-destroying, job when I got pregnant with my second child and I remember thinking that my eight weeks of maternity leave would be my last chance at my dream of writing romance before becoming a permanent cog in the corporate machine. In those eight weeks, with a child, literally, at my breast the entire time, I finally sat down and wrote a book. It’s total crap, but it taught me how to do what I’d never managed to accomplish: write an entire book from start to finish. I wrote Under Her Skin that year, along with a post-apocalyptic romance that I’ll no doubt revisit some day. The month I got my contract with my agent was the month I was laid off from that terrible job. It’s the best thing that ever happened to me.

2. Can you share some of your favourite books and authors?

I’m a big fan of hyper-realistic, sexy, well-written erotic or contemporary romance. My top three authors in that genre are: Cara McKenna (After Hours), Anne Calhoun (Liberating Lacey) and Molly O’Keefe (Everything I Left Unsaid). Other authors I can’t get enough of are Susan Elizabeth Phillips (Dream a Little Dream), Susanna Kearsley (The Winter Sea), and Barbara Kingsolver (Prodigal Summer). 

3. Who/what do you consider your writing influence/inspiration?

Most of my writing inspiration comes from things that I hear or see. The idea for Under Her Skin came while I was driving one day. There was an interview on the radio of a woman who removed tattoos from victims of abuse or ex-gang members. I was floored. I couldn’t believe that people had to endure that sort of horror and then live with a permanent reminder on their skin. The interview made me cry and it made me think and put me immediately in the shoes of a survivor. From there, the characters arrived as if by magic.

4. What kind of stories can the readers expect from you (contemporary/historical/sci-fi, adult/NA/YA, etc)?

My books are a brand of contemporary romance that’s a little dark, quite emotional and very hopeful. Oh, and they are very, very sexy. 

5. Please, introduce your latest/upcoming release.

The Blank Canvas Series launched this year with Under Her Skin and By Her Touch. In His Hands, the third book in the series is out August 1st. In it, we meet Luc, a gruff, reclusive French winemaker who has settled in the mountains of Virginia, and Abby, the woman who escapes the cult next door. 

Thank you so much for having me! It was a pleasure chatting with you!

Author Bio and Links

Adriana Anders writes romance that's dark, smart, and full of heart. She has acted and sung, slung cocktails and corrected copy. She’s worked for start-ups, multinationals and small nonprofits, but it wasn’t until she returned to her first love—writing romance—that she finally felt like she’d come home. Today, she resides with her tall French husband, two small children and fat bastard of a French cat in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, where she writes the dark, gritty, emotional love stories of her heart.

Her award-winning debut novel, Under Her Skin, the first in the Blank Canvas series, will be out from Sourcebooks Casablanca in February 2017.


In His Hands

He is Her Salvation

Abby Merkley has been a member of the Church of the Apocalyptic Faith since she was a child, and there's no way out―except death. She will fight the odds to survive, but there's no one in the world she can trust, nowhere she can run that the cult can't find her...until her handsome, brooding neighbor takes her into the safety of his arms.

Luc Stanek craves a quiet life. But he doesn't hesitate when a desperate woman lands, bloodied and branded on his doorstep. Soon he finds himself drawn into her chaotic world, caught in the center of an apocalyptic war...and determined to save the fierce beauty no matter the cost.

Pre-order Links: Amazon / B&N

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images